March 2016 Archives

Fortunately, I was able to pop off the extra glass and flox mixture I used for the gear leg fairing attachment.



I then fabricated and epoxied some 0.063" aluminum strips onto the fairings. I curved the upper ends to follow the curvature of the gear legs.



I drilled some extra holes in the strips and then countersunk them so that the epoxy would flow through and help lock the strips to the fairings. After the glue cured, I sanded everything flush with the strips.



I wrapped up the condition inspection today. It was too dark to take it up for a test flight, so I'll have to do that later. Other than the few things I mentioned, I didn't find anything wrong.

About this Archive

This page is an archive of entries from March 2016 listed from newest to oldest.

February 2016 is the previous archive.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

Contact

Pages

Powered by Movable Type 4.1